Effective Date: April 8th, 2020
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. In connection with your access, use, and/or registration as a User of the App, Company may collect the following information (collectively, “Information”):
2. USER ACCOUNTS; PUBLIC AREAS
In order to utilize the App, you are required to create a User Account as part of the registration process, which consists of information you choose to provide about yourself, including certain Personal Information, as well as the profile name you elect to use in connection with your User Account (“Profile Name”). Your Profile Name will be visible to all other Users of the App. You may edit certain information in your User Account via your User Account. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized User Account has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
4.2 Payment Processors. The App may allow you to purchase premium services we offer for a fee, such as providing you with the ability to access premium content. We rely on third party service providers (“Payment Processors”) to process these payments on our behalf. When you make a payment, the payment information is transmitted directly to the Payment Processor, and we do not have access to it, and take no responsibility for it. However, our Payment Processor may provide us with information about you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, card type (i.e., Visa, Amex, etc.) and the credit card’s last four digits so we can comply with legal obligations that may apply to us.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
5.4 To Combat Misuse of the App. We may use your Personal Information to protect the App and your rights, and the rights of others, to enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the App, and to prevent prohibited or illegal activities.
5.5 Fulfillment of Requests. If you provide your Personal Information to us for a particular purpose we will use the Personal Information you provide for the applicable purpose, for example, if you provide us with your email address so that we can provide email communications to you, we will use the information you provide for purposes of sending you those email communications.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. We may share aggregated Usage Information and/or Other Information and we may otherwise disclose non-Personal Information that we collect to third parties. However, except as expressly provided herein, absent your prior consent and unless necessary (as determined in Company’s sole discretion), Company does not share your Personal Information with any unrelated third parties. We will share your Information with third parties as follows:
6.1 Third Party Processors and Third Party Service Providers. Company employs or engages other companies to perform business functions on behalf of the Company (“Service Providers”), such as operating and supporting the App, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. We may share your Information with these Service Providers; however, these Service Providers will only have access to the Information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
6.2 Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your Information to government authorities or third parties if: (A) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (B) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (C) we believe that you have abused the App by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
6.4 Infringement Notices. We will share your Information with third parties if you submit a Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notification (or Counter Notification) or other notice regarding infringement, as described in our DMCA Policy located at https://dancefightapp.com/terms, or if you are the person responsible for uploading the material addressed in a notification that is submitted to us.
6.5 With Your Consent. We will share your Personal Information with your consent or at your direction. We will provide you with information about how your Personal Information will be shared at the time we obtain your consent.
7. STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION. Company is a United States company. Information collected by Company may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Company or its agents maintain facilities. By using the App, you expressly consent to any such transfer and storage of Information outside of your country of residence, where data protection laws may be different and/or less stringent. Company makes no representation or warranty with respect to any duty to permanently store any Information you may provide. By using the App and providing us with Information, you waive any claims that may arise under your own or any other local or national laws, rules or regulations or international treaties.
8. CHANGING, UPDATING OR DELETING INFORMATION; CLOSING YOUR USER ACCOUNT
9. SECURITY. Company takes reasonable security measures designed to protect your Information and free from any unauthorized alteration. However, the Internet by its nature is not a secure environment and the nature of security risks is constantly evolving, as are the technical and organizational industry standards relating to management of those risks. Therefore, the complete security of any Information collected, stored or used by us cannot be guaranteed. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises Company’s security measures, Company will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. If you ever discover inaccuracies in our data or if your Personal Information changes, we urge you to notify us immediately. We note that anyone who has access to your User Account password may be able to access your Information. Therefore, we encourage you to keep you User Account password and other User Account information contained in your Registration Data confidential. You hereby acknowledge that Company shall not be responsible or liable for any dissemination of your Information that results from your disclosure of your User Account password to any third party.
10. NEWSLETTERS; ADMINISTRATIVE AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS. If you register for the App, you may receive newsletters, notices and/or special offers via email, unless you have requested otherwise at the time of registration or as set forth below. You may also receive other communications from us, such as administrative or service announcements or User Account notifications. You may unsubscribe from electronic newsletters, notices and/or special offers at any time by following the instructions contained in the applicable email or elsewhere as directed by Company. If you are having problems unsubscribing please contact us at email@example.com (forwarding the newsletter, if applicable, and including in the Subject line the words “Unsubscribe”), and you will be removed within seven (7) business days. Please note that Company will not process any unsubscribe requests submitted as direct replies to any newsletter.
11. COOKIES; EMBEDDED SCRIPTS; TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
11.2 Our Use of Embedded Scripts. We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the App, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the App.
11.3 Other Tracking Technologies. In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
11.5 Analytics Providers. We use Firebase Analytics, an analytics tool provided by Google LLC (“Google”) on the App. Firebase Analytics uses tracking technologies to analyze your use of the App. Information collected by Firebase Analytics is transmitted to, and stored by, Google in accordance with its privacy practices. Google uses the information collected through Firebase Analytics to evaluate your use of the App on our behalf, to create reports for us about activity on the App and to provide us with other services related to the App.
11.6 Advertising and Tracking. Company and third party businesses may use the information collected through the App to help manage online advertising programs. This information may enable us, as well as third party advertising services and other third party businesses to track the actions of users online over time and across different web sites or platforms to measure statistics relating to marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience. For information about how tracking works for online advertising purposes, and what happens when you elect a do-not-track option, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, some third party businesses may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
11.7 Do Not Track. To the extent applicable, we will not disable tracking technology in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
13. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Therefore, by accessing and using the App you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) (e.g., information that would allow anyone to locate children under thirteen (13) online or offline, such as full name, email address, home address, phone number, etc.). Children under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using the App and/or submitting or uploading any Information to the App. If you are under thirteen (13) years of age, then please do not use or access the App at any time or in any manner. If Company learns that Information of persons under the age of thirteen (13) years has been collected without verified parental consent, then Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this Information.
14. SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONS. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. The official rules applicable to the Promotion will be provided to you at the time you elect to participate in a promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
15. SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of Personal Information disclosed to those third parties. If you are a California resident, you may make such a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org (including in the Subject line the words “California Third Party List Request”).